27 April 2016

TREND TALK: Four Fads I Love


It's so interesting how trends and even entire concepts of beauty can change over time. Each decade brings new looks, even though it's hard to notice while we are living it. (How will the 2010s be viewed in terms of popular beauty a couple decades from now?) Recently, for some reason, I've become hyper aware of the hot trends right now, maybe because I'm dedicating a fair amount of time to blogging/vlogging. And I've become quite decisive on what I care for and what I don't... so much. (<< Those will have their own dedicated blog post soon.) Let's chat!

1. Big, thick, bushy brows // I love this trend because I think its flattering on everyone. It defines the face in such a natural, cool-girl way. It just provides such structure to the face, and bold brows just darkens the look without piling on smokey shadows. 

[I use Make Up For Ever Aqua Brown, Maybelline Brow Drama, and L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper]

2. Rosy brown-y, nude-y lip shades // I'm loving the resurgence of nudes on the market, because I am such a newcomer to bold colours. (I'm easing in...) Nudes are my home — though who knew there were just so many different shades of them? I always used to choose colours that washed me out, but finally, with the rising popularity of those 90s rosy browns, I've found a new home. I find them to be so naturally flattering for my skin tone — in fact, a lot of different skin tones!

[I use Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in Shade 14 and Mac Velvet Teddy]

3. Contouring & highlighting // To clarify, I enjoy perhaps a more 'natural' contour and highlight, one that blends fairly well into the skin and isn't super obvious. Again, I find this trend to be very flattering, because you are literally creating your own cheekbones. I mean, I would have loved this in high school when I was convinced I had the roundest basketball face known to man. Now I can subtly change the shape of my face to be something a little more slimming in the right places.

[I use the Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Palette and Colourpop's highlighter in Lunchmoney]

4. Liquid Lipsticks // I don't have a ton of experience with liquid lipsticks, but I have used my beloved Nyx Lip Lingeries and I adore them. Long-wearing, opaque colour payoff, and still comfortable. What's not to love? I'd like to get some bolder colours soon. And there are so many brands to choose from now!

[I use (obvs) Nyx Lip Lingerie in Corset, Honeymoon, and Beauty Mark

Look out for my next blog post, which will cover four trends I am not so fond of. I didn't want this one to be too long! What trends are you loving at the moment?

Let's chat!