9 April 2016

If You Want to Buy a Fragrance For Your Boyfriend


In a recent Boots online order I was *blessed* with not one, but two samples of Sauvage by Dior. Of course, not for myself as it is a cologne for men, but for my boyfriend. We had seen ads for this eau de toilette on several video advertising kiosks in Edinburgh one Saturday many months ago and laughed at Johnny Depp, the face/ambassador/poster man for Sauvage. He was driving through a desert, digging holes, as you do. It became a kind of joke between us — but then I smelled it. And everything changed. Ladies, it smells SO GOOD. It's not too heavy and musky like a lot of cologne's I've experienced. It's almost like a light, fresh masculine smell. I'm not gonna lie, when my boyfriend first put it on, I was drawn to it like a moth to a hypnotic-smelling flame. The composition of the fragrance is 'radially fresh' and: 

'Radiant top notes burst with the juicy freshness of Reggio di Calabria Bergamot. Ambroxan, derived from precious ambergris, unleashes a powerfully woody trail.'

It's subtle enough not to be overpowering (and not headache-inducing), but there enough that your nose can pick it up and enjoy it whenever you're near one another. Now, my boyfriend NEVER likes to wear any fragrance of any kind ever. But I must say, after seeing my reaction after he initially put it on, he has now worn it almost everyday. And I didn't even ask him to :)

Let's chat!