29 December 2015

The Evolution of The Everyday Look

Here is a pretty standard version of an 'everyday' look for me. It's become such clockwork to me that I thought it might be fun to document each step to really see how the face and look changes with each makeup addition. Of course there is nothing drastic here; it's all pretty subtle. But perhaps in the future I can do more looks that are slightly more complicated. Please excuse how many pictures of my mug are collected here. 

So we begin with a clean face, toned and moisturised. The upper right square shows the face after primer, foundation, concealer, and powder. It may seem super matte, but my skin gets so oily throughout the day my starting point needs to be! Bottom left is with some contour/bronzer, brows, and curled lashes. I'm still trying to perfect my brow game (as you can see, my right brow is hella rounded... I have probs with my arch). Then last is with eye makeup complete (eyeshadow, liquid liner, and mascara), blush and highlighter — which helps with the matte-ness so it's not so flat.

And here is the finished 'everyday' look with my hair complete! I just added some texture spray to the roots and worked it in. Looking back over these photos, it's fascinating to me how a little makeup can really transform the face. After applying eyeliner and mascara, the eyes can look twice as big! And even a little texture spray can pull a whole look together. I think that's one of the reasons I love makeup so much... it's magical properties :) As well as just being so fun to play with.

Beauty Bits:
Blush: Doll 10 HydraGel Cream Blush in Flirt
Bronzer: Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Summertime
Brows: Make Up Forever Aqua Brow in 25 & L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper in 380 Medium to Dark
Concealer: Maybelline Fit Me in 20 Sand [blemishes] & Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in Light Pale [under eyes]
Eyeliner: Kav Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
Eyeshadows: Lorac Pro Palette (Shades: Cream over the lid, Taupe over lid and in crease, Sable in out corner and crease)
Foundation: BareMinerals Blemish Remedy in Clearly Cream 03
Hair: Batiste Stylist XXL Volume Spray
Highlighter: Colourpop Super Shock Cheek in Lunch Money [also used in inner corner of eyes]
Mascara: Maybelline the Falsies Volum' Express in Very Black Waterproof [top lashes], Maybelline Full 'N Soft in Very Black [bottom lashes]
Powder: Bourjois Healthy Balance in 53 Light Beige
Primer: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Let's chat!