27 May 2016

Happy Weekend! | Five Notes From the Past Week


I've spent the last few days in bed, ill with a horrible sinus headache, stuffy/runny nose, sneezes and coughs. All the good stuff. Luckily, I'm finally feeling better now and just in time to do a weekend post. Jt and I have been watching tons of movies this week at the theatre and are going again tonight to see the new Alice in Wonderland! It's the perfect way to procrastinate doing any dissertation work...

1 // There are a lot of films out these days that are silly, fun and escapist, such as the new X-Men movie or any other superhero or Disney film. But it's nice to sprinkle in a few films that make you think and are beautiful to watch (not necessarily depressing, but have an air of significance I suppose). I recently watched Philomena on Netflix and Hologram For The King at the cinema, and they are both fantastic. I'd definitely recommend a watch.

2 // I. Am. Stoked. Because a KIKO store has just opened up here in Glasgow and I am prepared to do some serious damage there as soon as I am well enough. I've been doing a bit of research as to what I must pick up — do any of you have recommendations? So far I know I'll get a Velvet Mat lipstick and a High Pigment Wet and Dry Eye Shadow. I'm in desperate need of some new eye shadows — I'm tired of using the same two from my Lorac Pro Palette.

3 // Personal victory: I'm finally wrapping up a major freelance design job I've been involved with for months. It's a college magazine within my undergraduate university, and it's so close to being finished! For those who don't know, my Bachelor's degree is in journalism with an emphasis on publication design, so sometimes I do freelance graphic design work on the side. You can see my design portfolio here if you are curious.

4 // I've been a bit overwhelmed with the amount of YouTuber collaborations with makeup brands these days. How do you all feel about it? I don't think I've ever actually purchased any of them (although I do want the Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop highlighter, even though I've never watched her videos). They are coming out at such a fast rate and honestly most of them I would never really use, especially since a lot of them are eyeshadow palettes. The NikkieTutorials x Too Faced collection is coming out soon and the packaging/colours/everything is just not my bag. Plus, most are limited edition so honestly they come and go and are forgotten before the next collab takes its place. 

5 // I have to give a special shout out to my Colourpop Super Shock blush in Quarters. It has been doing something special for my face these days. Like I mentioned in my blush tag video, it's a perfect everyday blush shade because it's a neutral/warm pink that simultaneously brightens and warms up the face and would honestly compliment almost any eye look. I'm loving it and have been wearing it every day.

Let's chat!