12 December 2015

My Perfect Everyday Lipstick




Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in the shade 14 is my everything. I initially bought this lipstick to wear at my best friend's wedding last January. I had no idea what kind of shade to wear, but I knew I needed a nude of some kind. This has a rosy-brown tone that is the perfect amount of subtle grunge that I need in my everyday look. 

The formula is creamy, but not wet, and lasts a good amount of time. Perhaps 3-4 hours without eating or drinking. It wears away quite gracefully though, naturally as a nude lipstick. Plus the smell is divine, a very sweet, pleasant aroma. 

Brown nudes are having a moment in the beauty world, and I find it to be so flattering and comfortable for my skin tone/colouring. I've loved nude lipstick ever since I became obsessed with 1960s makeup in high school, so it is lovely to finally find shades that fit me. My previous nude lippie was Revlon's Nude Attitude, and it was the most drying, patchy peachy nude — all wrong!

Best of all, Rimmel by Kate Moss lipsticks are so cheap! Unfortunately, ever since I moved to the UK I haven't been able to find this particular shade anywhere, or even online for a back up (as you can see, I'm reaching the end of the tube). I feel like it may be a US-only shade. But in the end I'll probably be splurging on the international shipping costs just to get this lipstick again.

Let's chat!